Duration: 4 weeks Fee: $ 4,000
Opportunities for Externs include:
- Four-week hands-on clinical experience of US healthcare functioning office
- Patient history assessment
- Case presentation
- Charting/SOAP note taking
- Participate in office procedures under the supervision of the attending physician
- Perform EKG, spirometry, and vaccinations
- Research and present a weekly clinical presentation (2-3 minutes)
At the completion, a letter of recommendation will be written, that reflects the above experience and any other strengths the extern may have or acquired during the externship.
- Participants are expected to provide their own lodging, transportation, and meals in Santa Clara, California USA
- Clinical hours are 8am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The Externs have no clinical responsibilities on Wednesdays or weekends.
- Externs are expected to attend the equivalent of 2 days per week
- Attire is business casual. Participants should have a medical white coat and stethoscope
- Application may be emailed or faxed. Interviews may be conducted by phone or on-site
- Price of Externship Program is subject to change without notice
- A deposit of $500 will be requested to reserve your position once you are accepted. The deposit will be refunded only if we are unable to provide the Externship experience.
- All questions will be answered via e-mail by Dr. Washington at DoctorW@RogerWashingtonMD.com